Nominations for Outstanding IR of the Year accepted until Feb. 26
By Headquarters Individual Reservist Readiness and Integration Organization
/ Published January 11, 2021
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colorado --
Nomination packages for the 2020 Outstanding Individual Reservist of the Year Award are due to your servicing HQ RIO Detachment no later than Feb. 26, 2021.
This award recognizes Individual Mobilization Augmentees and Participating Individual Ready Reserve members who distinguish themselves from their peers through job performance, community involvement and personal achievements.
Jan. 1, 2020– Dec. 31, 2020
All Individual Reservists are eligible if they meet the following requirements:
- Nominee must not have had an open unfavorable information file (UIF) or control roster action during the award period for which the nomination is being submitted.
- Nominee must not have had any incidents of a discreditable nature, such as financial irresponsibility, disciplinary actions, administrative or non-judicial punishment, etc., during the award period for which the nomination is being submitted.
- Nominees must meet physical fitness standards during the award period. Additionally, nominee must have had a current AND passing score prior to COVID 19 exemptions).
- Nominee must be progressing satisfactorily within their specialty.
- Enlisted: Airman (E-1 – E-4), NCO (E-5 – E-6), SNCO (E-7 – E-9)
- Officer: CGO (O-1 – O-3), FGO (O-4 – O-5)
*Nominees are submitted in the category corresponding to the grade held during the majority of the award period.
- Nomination packages will consist of an AF Form 1206, and the Individual fitness report
- Annual submissions will be on AF Form 1206 (correct version is dated 20170802) and typed in 3 part bullet format (action, impact, result). Submissions will be no more than 18 bullets (21 lines total with headings).
- Leadership and Job Performance in Primary Duty: 14 bullets
- Significant Self Improvement: 2 bullets
- Base and Community Involvement: 2 bullets
Suspense and Annual Nomination Package Processing:
Detachments are not limited to a specific number of nominees. Only complete packages submitted on time will be meet the board. Incomplete or late packages will not be considered—no extensions will be granted. Nominations will be submitted through TMT to HQ RIO NLT 1700 hrs MT, 26 February 2021.
The only acceptable scanned documents we will accept are those with signatures, such as endorsement letters and public release statements. Digitally signed endorsement letters and public release statements will be accepted. The AF Form 1206 must be sent in its original format (NOT SCANNED) and all other documents should be in MS Word document format.
Packages are due to your servicing HQ RIO Detachment by the suspense. Please contact your servicing HQ RIO Detachment for questions or concerns.