Seven units approved for AF Organizational Excellence Award
By Staff Sgt. Sahara L. Fales, Air Force Personnel Center Public Affairs
/ Published August 30, 2018
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas -- The Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council recently approved seven organizations for the Air Force Organizational Excellence Award.
The award period spans from Jan. 1, 2015 – Dec. 31, 2016, and includes the following units:
- Air Force Studies, Analyses and Assessments, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- Deputy Chief of Staff, Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- Headquarters, Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
- HQ, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia
- HQ, Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Florida
- National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
- Air Force Element North Atlantic Treaty Organization Airborne Warning and Control System, Air Force District of Washington
The Air Force Organizational Excellence Award recognizes the achievements and accomplishments of U.S. Air Force organizations or activities.
It is awarded to Air Force internal organizations that are entities within larger organizations. They are unique, unnumbered organizations or activities that perform functions normally performed by numbered wings, groups, squadrons, etc.
Active duty, Reserve and Guard personnel who are/have been assigned to these identified organizations are authorized to wear the appropriate unit award ribbon. Awards and Decorations record for those authorized to wear the ribbon automatically update.
To see if you qualify for any special trophies and awards, visit the Air Force Awards Database on the AFPC public website.