Case Exams, Open Continuous Announcements (Standing Registers) and 90-day Registers
ART positions are announced through the Special Examining Unit (SEU) on USAJOBS as “case exams” and “standing registers”. A case exam is a one-time announcement for a specific job at a specific location and is normally open for a 5 business day period. Open continuous announcements (Standing Registers) are the exception to case exams. They are established when there is a consistent need to maintain a pool of qualified applicants to fill possible various vacancies/locations. The SEU has annually and quarterly announced Standing Registers.
The annual Standing Register announcements will open Jan. 4, 2016 to Jan. 3, 2017. Applications for annual standing registers have a monthly cutoff. Applications received by the 25th of the month will be processed for Request for Personnel Action (RPAs) received the following month.
Current Standing Registers are listed below. Newly added Standing Registers are identified with an asterisk (*):
Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS)
· Intelligence Officer, GG-0132-12*
· Airplane Flight Instructor, GS-2181-13
· Airplane Pilot, GS-2181-09*, 11* and -12
· Command Post Specialist, GS-0301-09*
· Telecommunications Specialist, GS-0391-09*
· Aircraft Electrician, WG-2892-10*
· Aircraft Mechanic (Fixed Wing), WG-8852-10
· Aircraft Pneudraulic Systems Mechanic (Fuels and Hydraulics), WG-8268-10*
· Aircraft Structure/Corrosion Control Mechanic (Sheet Metal), WG-3806-10*
· Aircraft Survival and Flight Equipment Repairer, WG-4818-09*
· Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic, WG-2610-12
· Engine/Propeller Mechanic, WG-8602-10
· Ordnance Equipment Mechanic, WG-6641-10*
· Powered Support Systems Mechanic, WG-5378-10*
(* - newly added Standing Registers)
The SEU maintains 90-day (quarterly) registers that are normally advertised on USAJOBS for 5 business days at the beginning of each calendar quarter: Jan. 4-11, April 1-8, July 1-11 and Oct. 3-11, 2016. These quarterly registers are used to fill vacancies received during the applicable 90-day period.
Any applications received for the January announcements will be rated only for Request for Personnel Actions (RPAs) received during that applicable quarter. When the next quarterly announcements are advertised, the same rules will apply. Only applications received during the open announcement period will be rated for RPAs received for the applicable quarter. Applications will not roll over, meaning those who apply in January must re-apply when announced the next quarter. Once the announcement closes, no additional documentation will be accepted.
Current SEU quarterly (90-day) Standing Registers are listed below. Newly added quarterly Standing Registers are identified with an asterisk (*) below:
· Administrative Support Assistant (Office / Automation), GS-303-05/06/07
· Aircraft Maintenance Manager, GS-1601-12*
· Executive Officer, GS-0301-11 and -12*
· Human Resources Assistant, GS-0203-07
· Medical Administrative Assistant (Typing), GS-0303-07*
· Operations Flight Clerk (Typing), GS-0303-07*
· Training Technician (Clerical), GS-1702-07*
· Training Technician (Admin/Mgt), GS-1702-09*
(* - Newly added quarterly Standing Registers)