Steps for Becoming a Reserve Instructor Pilot
Published January 05, 2012
- Review qualifications to see if you are eligible.
- Review the duty requirements to ensure you can meet the duty expectations.
- Download the application package.
- Call the contact person listed on your application package with any questions.
- Fill out the application forms & send a copy to each of the units to which you are applying.
- Wait for results of selection board.
- If selected as a candidate, the unit will contact you to schedule an interview.
- If selected, coordinate with your in-service recruiter and gaining unit for processing and to schedule local training or a PIT date.
: Applicants should annotate all squadron(s) which you are interested in and a separate copy of the application package for each of those units to the 340th Flying Training Group Military Personnel Flight (340 FTG/DPM). Tthe MPF will forward the copy (ies) of your application to those squadron(s).
IP Application Downloads
Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader will be required to read the files listed below.
1. Application Instructions
2. Application Physical Info
3. Application Form
4. Statement of Understanding
5. ART to AGR Rights Signature Document
6. AF Form 1288: Application for Ready Reserve Assignment
7. Air Reserve Personnel Center's Individual Reserve Guide