PRINT | E-MAIL
Roger L. Daugherty, Jr., is the Director of Information Protection for Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. He is responsible for policy, procedures, and oversight of Air Force Reserve Command Information Security, Enterprise Protection & Risk Management, Personnel Security and Industrial Security programs. This includes planning, developing and administering Information Protection programs at eleven Air Force Reserve Command locations in support of air, space and cyberspace operations. He serves as the Chairman of the MAJCOM Security Advisory Group and directs the activities of its diverse membership. In that capacity he develops risk assessments and recommends risk avoidance and mitigation measures to the commander.
Mr. Daugherty entered the Air Force after receiving his commission the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program at Purdue University. He entered active duty April 1987, served more than 11 years before transferring to the Air Force Reserve and entering civil service as an Air Reserve Technician. He has held a variety of Reserve and civilian positions. He is a career security forces officer with two command tours along with four previous major command staff assignments. He retired from the Air Force Reserve as a colonel in January 2011. Prior to this assignment, Mr. Daugherty was a civil servant on the Air Force Research Laboratory Systems Technology Office, where he was the Deputy Chief of Operations and Government Special Access Program Security Officer.
Mr. Daugherty has more than 28 years’ experience as an Air Force security professional at the installation and major command level. Mr. Daugherty is a member of the Air Force Security Advisory Council and represents all security professionals within the Air Force Reserve Command at the Air Force level.
1986 Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Purdue University, W. Lafayette, Ind.
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1997 Master of Arts, International Relations, Troy State University, European Division
2002 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
ASSIGNMENTS (Military & Civil Service)
1. April 1987 – October 1987, Undergraduate Pilot Trainee, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. November 1987 – April 1993, Flight Commander, 341st Security Police Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
3. April 1993 - February 1995, Chief, Security Police, 617th Munitions Support Squadron, , Kleine-Brogel, Belgium
4. February 1995 - December 1997, Operations Flight Commander, 52nd Security Forces Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
5. December 1997 - August 1998, Chief, Special Programs Security, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
6. September 1998 - February 2001, Commander, 914th SFS, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, N.Y.
7. February 2001 - August 2001, Program Protection Officer, 88th SFS, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio.
8. February 2001 - March 2003, Executive Officer, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. August 2001-Apr 10, Action Officer (various jobs), HQ AFMC, Wright Patterson AFB Ohio.
10. March 2003 – December 2003, Commander, 952nd RSS, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. January 2004 - January 2005, Executive Officer, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. January 2005 - June 2008, Chief, Security Operations, DTRA, Ft Belvoir, Va.
13. June 2008 – June 2009, JSIVA Team Chief, DTRA, Ft Belvoir, Va.
14. June 2009 - January 2011, IMA to Chief, Security Forces Division, HQ PACAF Security
Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor- Hickam, Hawaii
15. April 2010 - June 2016, GSSO, AFRL/RYS, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. July 2016 - Present, Director Information Protection, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS (Military & Civilian)
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Iraqi Campaign Medal
Exemplary Civilian Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Civilian Achievement Medal
Air Force Research Laboratory – Management Excellence Award 2014
Greater Dayton Area, Federal Employee of the Year – 2007
Air Force Security Forces, Higher Headquarters Civilian Employee of the Year 2006
Western New York Foley Award/Civilian Supervisor of the Year – 2000
(Current as of October 2016)