Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Air Force Reserve Command
Air Force Reserve Command
HQ AFRC News
Why It Matters
Enl Force Development
Profiles in Leadership
Airman & Family
The Force Matters
Units by State
Air Force Biography
Colonel Douglas A. Drakeley
Colonel Douglas A. Drakeley is the Director of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. He provides guidance, direction, and oversight to 3,200 AFRC ISR Reservists to include traditional unit reservists as well as Individual Mobilization Augmentees.
Col Drakeley is the command focal point for planning and execution of operational intelligence support to 4th, 10th, and 22nd Air Forces comprised of 62 flying units and over 1,400 aircrews. Col Drakeley leads the men and women of the A2 Directorate in planning, programming and standing-up of AFRC critical capabilities meeting priority service and joint mission requirements.
Colonel Drakeley received his commission in 1983 through the Army ROTC program at the University of California, Davis. He has served as an infantry battalion and brigade intelligence officer, electronic warfare platoon leader, operations officer and executive officer. Colonel Drakeley joined the Air Force Reserve in 1989 as an intelligence officer. He has served in numerous positions as a reservist including positions at the Defense Intelligence Agency, Air Mobility Command and the Pacific Air Forces.
Prior to his current assignment, Col. Drakeley was the first commander of the 655th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. As an independent group commander, he was responsible for providing command and control over, and ensuring the training and readiness of 11 intelligence squadrons in six states supporting operations around the world.
1983 Bachelor of Arts degree in political science, University of California, Davis
1983 Army Basic Intelligence Officer Course, Fort Huachuca, Ariz.
1984 Army Signal Intelligence-Electronic Warfare Course, Fort Huachuca, Ariz.
1987 Master of Science degree in business, Boston University, Mass.
1988 Distinguished graduate, Military Intelligence Officer Advance Course (Squadron Officer School equivalent), Fort Huachuca, Ariz.
1988 U.S. Air Force Joint Space Fundamental Course & Joint Space Intelligence/Operations Course, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2000 Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Course, Sacramento State University, Sacramento, Calif.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2011 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2012 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C
2014 Defense Strategic Debriefing Course, Human Intelligence Training – Joint Center of Excellence, Fort Huachuca, Ariz.
1. August 1983 - November 1983, Student, Basic Intelligence Officer Course, Fort Huachuca, Ariz.
2. November 1983 - April 1984, Student, Signal Intelligence-Electronic Warfare Course, Fort Huachuca, Ariz.
3. April 1984 - June 1985, S-2, Battalion Intelligence Officer, 1st Battalion, 6th Infantry Regiment, 1st Armored Division, Illesheim, Germany
4. July 1985 - March 1987, Electronic Warfare Platoon Leader, 501st Military Intelligence Battalion, 1st Armored Division, Ansbach, Germany
5. April 1987 - October 1987, Company Executive Officer, 501st Military Intelligence Battalion, 1st Armored Division, Ansbach, Germany
6. November 1987 - April 1988, Distinguished graduate, U.S. Army Military Intelligence Officer’s Advance Course, Fort Huachuca, Ariz.
7. May 1988 - September 1988, Intelligence Officer, G-2, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colo.
8. October 1988 - June 1989, S-2, Brigade Intelligence Officer, 1st Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colo.
9. December 1989 - November 1992, HQ Air Force Intelligence Command, Military Airlift Command, Fort Belvoir, Va.
10. November 1992 - September 1993, HQ AF Intelligence Command, Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
11. October 1993 - September 1996, Intelligence Officer, 11th AF, 611th Air Intelligence Flight, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
12. October 1996 - June 1997, Intelligence Officer, 5th AF, 374th Operational Support Squadron, Yokota AFB, Japan
13. July 1997 - June 2001, Chief, Combat Intelligence Operations Collection Management Cell, 7th AF, 607th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan AFB, South Korea
14. June 2001 - May 2003, Commander, Collections Flight, Pacific Air Forces Air Intelligence Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
15. June 2003 - March 2005, Commander, Exploitation Flight, Pacific Air Forces Air Intelligence Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
16. April 2005 - March 2006, Director of Operations, Pacific Air Forces Air Intelligence Squadron (DGS-5), Hickam AFB, Hawaii
17. March 2006 - February 2008, IMA to the Commander, Pacific Air Forces Air Intelligence Squadron (DGS-5), Hickam AFB, Hawaii
18. February 2008 - November 2012, Director of Intelligence, 713 Combat Operations Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
19. November 2012 – September 2013, Commander, Detachment 2, 10th Air Force, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
20. September 2013 – March 2016, Commander, 655th Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
21. March 2016 – Present, Director of ISR, HQ Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
December 2003 – May 2012, One year of Joint Qualification credit through Joint Exercise Participation and Education
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
The Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal, with four oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal, with oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal, with two oak leaf clusters
AF Organizational Excellence Award with bronze oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Army Overseas Service Ribbon
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hourglass and "M" device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 24,1983
First Lieutenant Nov. 25, 1984
Captain June 1,1987
Major June 24,1997
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 2004
Colonel Oct. 12, 2012
(Current as of March 2016)
AF Top Stories
Air Force realigns Holloman AFB under AETC
The Flying First
Angel de los Andes exercise unites US Air Force, South American partners
CMSAF Wright: The Airmen We Need must be resilient
Panel discusses total force integration during AFA
RT @usairforce: .@USAFReserve #Airmen @45thSpaceWing put their lives on temporary hold to respond to the aftermath of #HurricaneFlorence. h…
#ICYMI: Col. Thomas Pemberton, Commander of the @514AMW at @jointbasemdl, New Jersey, along with some… https://t.co/k6kZ8rACS0
Daughter of #WWI Flying Ace to fly in #Reserve B-52 - https://t.co/mu3HIrD2LQ via @307BombWing https://t.co/8NIuftOhjP
Lt. Gen. Richard Scobee speaks during a #TotalForce panel at the @AirForceAssoc’s Air, Space and Cyber Conference i… https://t.co/dpUXEc4JIX
Air Force Reserve accepting Mandatory Separation Date and High Year of Tenure extension requests - https://t.co/nOPLKvK3sY
Check out our #AFRC tribute to Gen. Maryanne Miller, @AirMobilityCmd Commander, on our @YouTube channel at https://t.co/wYxdzRdHBn.
Happy birthday to us! #AIRPOWER https://t.co/vuSRuhAZnd
U.S. @NavalAcademy tests waters with @53rdWRS #HurricaneHunters - https://t.co/6MWFHP6n6d via @403rdWing https://t.co/f6ofxCscNs
#ICYMI: The #AFReserve @53rdWRS Hurricane Hunters appeared this morning on @foxandfriends to talk about what it is… https://t.co/KrMghrLVHh
The @WSJ went onboard with the #AFReserve @53rdWRS chasing #HurricaneFlorence: https://t.co/j2PEvhREEN
RT @DeptofDefense: Lt. Col. Chad Gibson and his fellow @USAFReserve members are pretty dang good at their jobs. Ever wonder why these brave…
#HurricaneHunters fly #Florence, conduct search and rescue - https://t.co/rDUfW5GoYe https://t.co/bQEfFQxwL1
RT @malkoff: Behind the scenes photos from our @53rdWRS #HurricaneHunters story. Live coverage now on @WeatherChannel Watch our full video…
Make sure to follow @53rdWRS to see how the Air Force Reserve #HurricaneHunters are supporting preparation efforts for #HurricanceFlorence!
RT @EAA: The @USAFReserve recently produced a short documentary about Citizen Airmen, which debuted at #OSH18 and features Capt. Jessica Ho…
The mission of the Air Force Reserve @53rdWRS is highlighted in this @TIME story as they prepare for… https://t.co/w4RspKMoj9
Have you watched "A Pilot's Journey"? In 4K? Watch it now at https://t.co/3y5imMtlYn.
Lt. Gen. Richard W. Scobee will assume command of the Air Force Reserve Command Thursday, Sept. 27 at 2:30 p.m. EST… https://t.co/Nj1t1hcuR3
The #AirForceReserve is creating milestones! Col. Gina “Torch” Sabric, commander at the @419fw, is the first female… https://t.co/x0cmS5AHZk
Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant and First Lady Deborah Bryant (first row, fourt...
The 2018 Gen. Mark A. Welsh III One Air Force Award nominee for #AFRC is from th...
AF Reserve Hurricane Hunters assist with monsoon research - http://www.afrc.af.m...
#ReserveCitizenAirmen support SpaceX resupply rocket launch - http://www.afrc.af...
East Central Georgia IRT teams arrive - http://www.afrc.af.mil/News/Article-Disp...
AF Reserve Hurricane Hunters fly Tropical Storms #Beryl, #Chris - http://www.afr...
Congratulations to the award winners!
Check out the teaser for "A Pilot's Journey." This short film will premiere at E...
In the latest issue of Princeton Magazine, the 514th Air Mobility Wing at Joint ...
For the latest updates on the MAFFS - Air Expeditionary Group mission visit the ...
#ICYMI: Vice President Mike Pence and Second Lady Karen Pence flew into Grissom ...
Elinor Otto, America's longest working "Rosie the Riveter", will be featured on ...
Today we, as a nation, celebrate July 4 as our Independence Day! Please have saf...
Maj. Gen. Richard Scobee, #AFRC Deputy Commander, being interviewed at the Warne...
Come back at 8:20 P.M. EST to watch Maj. Gen. Richard Scobee, #AFRC Deputy Comma...
#Reservist helps brand Air Force Reserve at NBA Finals game - http://www.afrc.af...
Tune into 13 WMAZ today at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. for live interviews and updates fro...
Reserve #C130s support #Colorado firefighting efforts - http://www.afrc.af.mil/N...
Air Force Social Media Guide (PDF)
USAF Social Media Sites