PRINT | E-MAIL
Ms. Michelle Whitford is Comptroller and Director, Financial Management Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. She oversees the major command, headquarters and three numbered Air Force financial management staffs, and is responsible to the Commander of Air Force Reserve Command for all matters affecting the command's $6.3 billion in budgetary, financial, and accounting activities annually.
Ms Whitford’s civil service career began in 1994 and quickly crossed into Financial Management supporting various missions and commands within the Active and now Reserve Air Force. Ms. Whitford’s involvement with the American Society of Military Comptrollers under several chapters (past president 2004 & 2013) and former roles within FM to include working on the Financial Management Development Team at Robins, culminates more than 20 years of dedication to the FM career field.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
1999 Bachelor of Science, Human Resource Management, Park University, Park College, Mo.
2001 Master of Business Administration, Baker College, Flint, Mich
2004 Financial Management Staff Officer Course, Keesler AFB, Miss
2010 Defense Financial Management Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala
2013 Air Command Staff College, Air University Online
2013 Certified Defense Financial Manager, ASMC (2004), CDFM-Acquisition
2014 APDP Acquisition Certification Level III – Business Financial Management
2014 DoD FM Certification Level III
1. June 1986 – December 1988, E1/E4, USAF, Info Systems Radio Operator, Det 2, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. December 1988 – December 1990, E4, USAF, Postal Specialist, 35th Communication Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
3.February 1994 – September 1994, GS03/04, Office Automation, 89th Civil Engineer Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
4. September 1994 – August 1996, GS05/06, Accounting Tech, 89th Civil Engineer Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
5. August 1996 – July 1998, GS04/05, Secretary, 347th Civil Engineer & Operations Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
6. July 1998 – February 2001, GS05/06/07, Budget Assistant, 347th Civil Eng & Logistics Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
7. February 2001 – October 2001, GS07, Accounting Technician, 374th Comptroller Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
8. October 2001 – April 2003, GS09, Resource Advisor, 374th Maintenance Group, Yokota AB Japan
9. April 2003 – January 2007, GS11, Budget Officer, 730th Air Mobility Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
10. January 2007 – August 2008, Accountant, Agility First Support, Moron AB, Spain
11. August 2008 – May 2013, GS11/12/13, Financial Analysis, EW/Avionics Division, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. May 2013 – November 2014, GS14, Chief, Financial Analysis & Ops Division, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. November 2014 – August 2015, GS14, Chief Financial Analysis Branch, WR-ALC, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. August 2015 – Present, GS15, Director, HQ AFRC Financial Management & Comptroller, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS & DECORATIONS
1988 - Air Force Commendation Medal
1990 - Air Force Achievement Medal
1997 - 347th Wing Civilian of the Year
1999 - 347th Wing Civilian of the Year
2000 - Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2004 - HQ Air Mobility Command Resource Advisor of the Year
2004 - American Society of Military Comptroller, National Distinguished Resource Management
2011 - USD(C) FM Award for Improvements to Budget Formulation & Execution
(Current as of August 2015)