PRINT | E-MAIL
Colonel Kenneth J. Ostrat is the Inspector General, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
He provides the command's leadership an independent assessment of unit readiness and compliance within established directives, evaluates leadership effectiveness, management performance, aspects of unit culture and command climate and the ability to minimize waste and prevent fraud and abuse. He also ensures the existence of responsive inquiry and complaint resolution characterized by objectivity, integrity and impartiality.
Colonel Ostrat enlisted in the Air National Guard in 1990. He graduated from San Jose State University in California and received his commission through the ANG Academy of Military Science in 1994. Prior to his current position, he has served in numerous Group, Wing, NAF and MAJCOM level positions. He flew search and rescue missions in the CA ANG before transferring to the Air Force Reserve, where he has flown weather reconnaissance, airlift and air refueling missions. He is a command pilot with more than 4200 hours.
Colonel Ostrat has participated in numerous contingency operations, including Southern Watch, Northern Watch, Coronet Oak, Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, New Dawn, Unified Response in Haiti,Pakistani flood relief, Operation Inherent Resolve and Resolute Support.
1994 Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management, San Jose State University, Calif.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Masters Degree in Business Administration, William Carey University, Gulfport, Miss.
2007 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence
2008 Air War College by correspondence
2013 RCNSC Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2013 AJPME Joint forces Staff College, Norfolk VA
1. July 1990- November 1994 Intelligence Specialist, 129 RQS, Moffett FAF, CA
2. November 1994 - November 1995, student pilot, Columbus AFB, MS
3. November 1995 – September 1996, C-130 student pilot Little Rock AFB, Ark and Kirtland AFB, NM
4. September 1996 - June 2000, Scheduler, Current Operations and Training Officer, 129th RQS, Moffett FAF, CA
5. June 2000 - Jan 2002, WC-130H Instructor Pilot, 53 WRS, Keesler AFB, MS
6. Jan 2002 - October 2004, C/WC-130J Instructor Pilot, WC 130 J Program Manager and Chief of Tactics, 403 OSS, Keesler AFB, MS
7. October 2004 - July 2008, Tactics & Tactical Airlift Training Officer, 22 AF, Dobbins ARB, GA
8. July 2008 – Dec 2012, Director of Operations, 357 AS, Maxwell AFB, AL
9. Dec 2012 – April 2015, Commander, 514 Operations Group, JBMDL, NJ
10. April 2015 – March 2017, Chief, Programs Division, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, GA
11. March 2017 – February 2020, Wing Commander, 908th Airlift Wing, Maxwell AFB, AL
12. February 2020 – Present, Inspector General, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, GA
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,200
Aircraft flown: C-130, C-17, KC-10
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three devices
Air Medal with two devices
Aerial achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one device
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with one device
AF Outstanding Unit Award with three devices
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global war on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal with one device
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
AF Longevity Service with six devices
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 ‘M’ Device
Small Arms expert Marksmanship Ribbon with one device
AF Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second lieutenant Nov. 17, 1994
First lieutenant Nov. 11, 1996
Captain Jan. 15, 1999
Major April 15, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 11, 2009
Colonel March 22, 2014
(Current as of April 2020)