PRINT | E-MAIL
Chief Master Sgt. Dawes serves as the superintendent of the Professional Development Center, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Georgia. Dawes is responsible for professional development that postures, develops, and connects our Citizen Airmen leaders in an effort to enhance their lethality and resilience in dynamic environments. As AFRC’s only Professional Development Center, the Center supports 3 numbered air forces, 37 wings, Air Reserve Personnel Center, and more than 70,000 Air Force Reserve personnel.
Chief Dawes entered the Air Force on active duty in 1999 after graduating from Woodlands High School in Hartsdale, New York. He earned his basic space operator qualification in 2000 after completion of Enlisted Space Operator Training and Space Based Infrared System Initial Qualification Training. He served in the Air Force from 1999 to 2004 and joined the Air Force Reserve in 2004 as an active guard reserve member.
Prior to assuming his current assignment, he served as the reserve advisor to the Barnes Center for Enlisted Education Commander, and instructor at the Air Force Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Alabama.
1999 Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1999 Enlisted Space Operator Training, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
2000 CONUS Ground Station Unit Qualification Training, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
2002 Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Unit Qualification Training, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
2003 Airman Leadership School In-Residence, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
2004 Community College of the Air Force Degree in Space Operations
2005 NCO Academy Course completed via correspondence
2005 NCO Leadership Development Course In-Residence, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
2007 SBIRS Orbital Analyst Training, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
2008 Bachelor of Science Degree in Operation Management, DeVry University, Westminster, Colo.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint PME Course completed via correspondence
2010 Defense Meteorological Satellite Program Unit Qualification Training, Schriever Air Force Base, Colo.
2010 SNCO Academy Course completed via correspondence
2011 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Leadership Course In-Residence, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
2012 AFRC Leadership Challenge Program In-Residence, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
2013 AFRC Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course In- Residence, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
2014 Cyber Operations Fundamental Course completed via correspondence
2015 Contingency Warfighter Planning Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Academic Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Professional Management Certificate, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2017 Next Jump Leadership Academy, Boston, Mass.
2018 Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo.
2018 Leadership Montgomery Fellowship, Montgomery, Ala.
1. October 1999 - January 2000, Student, Enlisted Space Operator Training/SBIRS Initial Qualification Training, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
2. January 2000 - February 2002, Data Systems Supervisor, 2nd Space Warning Squadron, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
3. February 2002 - October 2004, Data Systems Operator/Mission Crew Chief, 2nd Space Warning Squadron, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
4. October 2004 - May 2007, Standardization and Evaluation/Mission Crew Chief, 8th Space Warning Squadron/460th Operations Group, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
5. May 2007 - July 2009, Flight Chief/Orbital Analyst/Mission Crew Chief, 8th Space Warning Squadron/2nd Space Warning Squadron, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
6. July 2009 - January 2012, Operations Superintendent, 310th Operations Support Flight, Schriever Air Force Base, Colo.
7. January 2012 – June 2013, Operations Superintendent, Detachment 1, 8th Space Warning Squadron, Schriever Air Force Base, Colo.
8. June 2013 – June 2016, Enlisted Space Operations MAJCOM Functional Manager, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. January 2015 – June 2016, HQ AFRC/A3 Chief Enlisted Manager, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. June 2016 – July 2019, Reserve Advisor to the BCEE/CC and Instructor at Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB – Gunter Annex, Ala.
11. July 2019 – Present, Superintendent, Professional Development Center, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Outstanding Airman of the Year Ribbon
2003 ALS John L. Levitow Award Winner
2003 2 SWS Airman of the Year
2003 21st Operations Group Airman of the Year
2003 Buckley Air Force Base Airman of the Year
2003 City of Aurora Military Member of the Year
2005 8 SWS Enlisted Space Operator of the Year
2005 AFRC/10 AF/310th Space Group/ 8 SWS NCO of the Year
2005 310th Space Group Tuskegee Award Winner
2005 10th AF Tuskegee Award Winner
2005 Air Force Association NCO of the Year
2005 310th Space Group Evaluator of the Year
2006 310th Space Group NCO of the Year
2009-2011 310th Operations Support Flight SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic 08 Sep 1999
Airman First Class 22 Oct 1999
Senior Airman 22 Feb 2002
Staff Sergeant 01 Jan 2004
Technical Sergeant 01 Sep 2006
Master Sergeant 01 Dec 2008
Senior Master Sergeant 01 Mar 2012
Chief Master Sergeant 01 Mar 2014
(Current as of January 2020)