PRINT | E-MAIL
Col. Harold W. Linnean III is the Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command. He is responsible for policies, programs, and objectives involving readiness, assignments, education and training, separation, retirement, career progression, classification, manpower, services support, and quality of life. He supports 3 numbered air forces, 37 wings, Air Reserve Personnel Center, and more than 74,000 Air Force Reserve military and civilian personnel.
Col. Linnean entered the Air Force in 1995 after graduating from The Citadel’s Air Force Reserve Officer Training Commissioning program. His 25 years of Air Force service has included numerous command tours at the squadron, group, and wing levels.
Col. Linnean has served on three Major Command director tours, and various staff and educational assignments. Prior to his current position, Col Linnean was the Director of the Air Force Reserve Command’s only Professional Development Center where he was responsible for professional development that postures, develops, and connects our Citizen Airmen leaders in an effort to enhance their lethality and resilience in dynamic environments.
1995 Bachelor of Arts Degree, Political Science, The Citadel, Charleston, S.C.
1998 Masters of Science Degree, Human Resource Management, Troy State University, Troy, Ala.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 AFSO21 Green Belt Certification Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2011 USAF Cyber Operations Transition Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla., by correspondence
2012 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Master of Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 AFSO21 Black Belt Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1995-December 1996, Deputy Chief, Base Network Control Center, 42nd Communications Squadron,
Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2. December 1996-June 1997, Chief, Records Management, 42 CS, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
3. June 1997-April 1998, Flight Commander, Support Flight, 42 CS, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. April 1998-January 2000, Flight Commander, Mission Systems Flight, 82 CS, Sheppard AFB, Texas
5. January 2000-May 2001, Executive Officer, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
6. May 2001-July 2002, Officer-in-Charge, Network Operations Security Center, Directorate of Communications &
Information, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. July 2002-February 2005, Assistant Chief, Force Readiness Management Branch, Directorate of
Communications and Information, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. February 2005-April 2006, Special Action Officer, Commander's Action Group, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. April 2006-August 2006, Management Analysis Officer, Directorate of Recruiting, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. August 2006-July 2007, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. July 2007-August 2009, Commander, Eastern Recruiting Squadron, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.
12. August 2009-June 2011, Chief, Advertising and Information Systems, Recruiting Service, Robins AFB, Ga. (December 2010
- June 2011, Commander, 64th Expeditionary Support Squadron and Deputy Commander, 64th Air Expeditionary Group, Eskan
Village, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
14. June 2011-July 2012, Assistant Executive Officer to the Commander, Air Force Reserve Command, HQ AFRC,
Robins AFB, Ga.
15. July 2012-July 2013, Student, Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. August 2013-March 2015, Commander, 908th Mission Support Group, 908th Airlift Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
17. March 2015-January 2017, Director, Analyses, Lessons Learned, and Air Force Continuous Process Improvement, HQ
AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
18. January 2017-August 2018, Commander, AFRC Recruiting Service, Robins AFB, Ga.
19. August 2018-March 2019, Commander, 960th Cyberspace Operations Group, Joint Base-San Antonio, Texas
20. March 2019-August 2019, Vice Commander, 960th Cyberspace Wing, JB-San Antonio, Texas
21. August 2019–August 2020, Director, AFRC Professional Development Center, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
22. August 2020–Present, Director, Manpower Personnel and Services, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
Awarded Dean's Research Award for ACSC Thesis
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 28, 1995
First Lieutenant Sept. 28, 1997
Captain Sept. 28, 1999
Major Sept. 28, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 28, 2008
Colonel Aug. 1, 2013
(Current as of March 2021)