PRINT | E-MAIL
Brig. Gen. Stan Sheley is the Director of Strategic Alignment, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. He is responsible for leveraging innovation and linking strategic priorities to objectives and actions across the Air Force’s most diverse major command.
A 1986 graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy, General Sheley completed six years of active duty before joining the Air Force Reserve in 1992. General Sheley has held maintenance and logistics assignments at the wing, major command, air staff and combatant command levels and has commanded at the squadron and group levels five times.
Prior to this assignment, the general was the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB.
1986 Bachelor of Science, History, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1987 Logistics Plans Officer Course, Lowry Air Force Base, Colo.
1990 Masters of Business Administration, University of West Florida, Pensacola
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1999 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2000 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2004 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 U.S. Air Force Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
1. January 1987 - December 1990, Chief, Logistics Plans, 823rd Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operational Repair Squadron Engineer Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2. January 1991 - March 1992, Maintenance Management Division Officer-in-Charge, 41st Electronic Combat Squadron, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
3. June 1992 - October 1993, Wing Plans Officer, 349th Air Mobility Wing, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. November 1993 - January 1995, Air Terminal Operations Center Officer-in-Charge, 82nd Aerial Port Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. February 1995 - September 1998, Assistant Chief of Wing Plans, Travis AFB, Calif.
6. October 1998 - January 2001, Chief of Wing Plans, 440th Airlift Wing, General Mitchell International Airport Air Reserve Station, Wis.
7. February 2001 - December 2002, Commander, 445th Maintenance Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. January 2003 – April 2006, Commander, 934th Maintenance Group, Minneapolis-St. Paul Air Reserve Station, Minn. (May 2004 – August 2004, Commander, 386th Expeditionary Maintenance Group, Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait)
9. April 2006 – May 2009, Commander, 434th Maintenance Group, Grissom Air Reserve Base, Ind.
10. May 2009 – August 2011, Commander, 419th Maintenance Group, Hill AFB, Utah
11. August 2011 – August 2012, Deputy Director, Logistics and Engineering Directorate, North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
12. August 2012 – December 2014, Associate Director of Logistics, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
13. December 2014 – June 2018, Director, Logistics and Engineering Directorate, North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
14. June 2018 – August 2018, Special Assistant to the Deputy Commander, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. August 2018 – January 2019, Director, Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection Directorate, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
16. January 2019 – present, Director of Strategic Alignment, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. August 2011 – August 2012, Deputy Director, Logistics and Engineering Directorate, North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo., as a colonel
2. August 2014 – October 2014, Explosive Remnants of War Staff Officer, Combined Joint Engineering Office, International Security Assistance Force, Kabul, Afghanistan, as a colonel
3. December 2014 – June 2018, Director, Logistics and Engineering Directorate, North American Aerospace Defence Command and U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo., as a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with silver leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with device
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two devices
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1986
First Lieutenant May 28, 1988
Captain May 28, 1990
Major Aug. 28, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 12, 2002
Colonel Feb. 16, 2006
Brigadier General March 26, 2015
(Current as of March 2019)