PRINT | E-MAIL
Colonel Lisa M. Craig is the Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. She is responsible for policies, programs, and objectives involving readiness, assignments, education and training, separation, retirement, career progression, classification, manpower, services support, and quality of life. She supports nearly 90,000 military and civilian personnel, including 667 commanders across three Numbered Air Forces, 35 wings and 15 independent groups and units, at 66 operating locations world-wide.
Colonel Craig was commissioned a second lieutenant upon completing Reserve Officer Training Corps in 1989. She has served in various operational and staff assignments at the unit, MAJCOM and Air Staff levels.
Most recently, she served as Director of the Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council and Reserve Advisor to the Air Force Review Board Agency where she was responsible for and presided over the Department of Defense Civilian/Military Service Review Board and three Air Force boards including the Personnel Board, Discharge Review Board, and Decorations Board, ensuring due process, equity, fair and impartial treatment, and timely decisions to ensure a fit and vital force. She also commanded the 433d Mission Support Group supporting over 3,000 wing personnel and commanding six subordinate squadrons. Previously, Colonel Craig also led the successful implementation of the Management Internal Control Toolset from an Air Force Reserve program to Air-Force wide use, including policy, system implementation and training.
1989 Bachelor of Science degree in computer science and business, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Wa.
1995 Squadron Officer School (in Residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Master of Arts in human resource development, Webster University, Orlando, Fla.
1998 Master of Arts in management, Webster University, Orlando, Fla.
2005 Air Command and Staff College (via Distance Learning), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College excellent graduate (via Distance Learning), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Mission Support Commanders Course, Eaker Center, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
1. July 1989 – June 1992, Operations Management Officer/Squadron Adjutant, 353d Tactical Fighter Squadron, Myrtle Beach AFB, S.C.
2. August 1992 – August 1996, Command Post Controller, Wing Executive Officer, Wing Protocol Officer, Special Assistant to the Commander, 56th Fighter Wing/6th Air Base Wing/6th Air Refueling Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
3. August 1997 – May 2011, Admissions Liaison Officer, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
4. May 2004 – May 2005, Executive Officer, 39th Flying Training Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
5. August 2005 – August 2010, ReserveNet/ARCNet Account Manager, HQ Air Force Reserve Command Communications Directorate, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. May 2005 – May 2009, Operations Officer, 951st Reserve Support Squadron, HQ Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. May 2009-May 2011, Chief, Force Development Support, HQ Air Force Reserve Command Personnel Directorate, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. August 2010- June 2013, Management Internal Control Toolset Field Implementation Manager and MAJCOM Lead Manager, HQ Air Force Reserve Command Inspector General, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. July 2013 – October 2014, Commander, 932d Force Support Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. October 2014 – June 2016, Commander, 433d Mission Support Group, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
11. June 2016 – July 2017, President, Air Force Discharge Review Board and Air Force Review Board Agency Reserve Advisor, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
12. July 2017 – May 2018, Director, Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council and Air Force Review Board Agency Reserve Advisor, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
13. May 2018 – Present:, Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with “V” device and oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two devices
Small Arms Expert Marskmanship Ribbon with one bronze star
Kuwaiti Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwaiti Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
1994 MacDill Air Force Base Woman of the Year
2005, 2006, 2007, 2012 Air Force Chief of Staff Team Excellence Award Finalist
2005, 2007 Air Force Best Practice - ReserveNet Team Member
2007 Manpower Personnel Course, distinguished graduate, Keesler AFB, Mississippi
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31,1991
Captain May 31,1993
Major Oct. 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 2008
Colonel Aug. 15, 2014
(Current as of Jun. 2018)